Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Dirty Martini: In My Mouth And On The Wall

Holy crap! I'm sitting here trying to compose my thoughts and my stomach is all, "no you didn't!" It's pissed over what I've put it through this week. It was all out gastrointestinal war last night when I was drinking a dirty martini while eating habanero popcorn. I'm hoping my eyeballs don't begin to protest next. They've been subjected to nearly every show on the OWN Network. I didn't even know we got this channel and I've cried during both the Rhianna and Jennifer Hudson interviews. Oprah must have one of those clickers in her pocket that she pushes every time she sees tears. You know, like the one the flight attendant walks up and down the aisle with, to count the number of people on the plane. I imagine Oprah high-fiving herself if she beats her own record. She has everything she could want so now success is only measurable in tears, famous people tears.

Besides doubling my body weight and watching so much Intervention I no longer flinch at the site of a heroin needle, I've been considering the guest bedroom paint color. Obviously this has been a weird break. I have some sentimental pieces in the room that I want to play off of. The inspiration photos have me looking at rich, yellow-based, olive greens.

Little Green Notebook

House & Garden
Image from Tokyo Bleep on tumblr.

apartment therapy
My fear is a color palette reminiscent of JCPenney's in the 90's. I'll walk in and everything is forest green, navy and burgundy. Forest green and sage are what my nightmares are made of. I'm thinking olive green, with salmon, gold and black accents. The samples I've been testing are all Benjamin Moore; Timson Green, Guacamole and Windsor Green. Below you can see the room itself and my samples up on the wall. Yeah, I'm a professional photographer so don't let the picture quality intimidate you.








I'm leaning towards Timson Green at the moment. I didn't include swatches or closeups on the wall because, frankly, they never look like they do in person.

I'll be spending the next few days continuing to overindulge, feel bad about myself, repeat, until next weekend. Then I'll lie to myself about making a change for a clean and healthy lifestyle on Monday. Somewhere in between all that conversation between my earballs, I'll paint this room. I'll have some photos to share and maybe someone who knows what they're doing will take them. Until then, let me know what you think about the olive green OR you have to help me paint over it when I make this horrible mistake that you did not warn me about.

No comments:

Post a Comment